It is normal for minor bleeding to occur for the first 24 hours following an extraction. If slightly heavier bleeding occurs:
- Place a piece of gauze over the extraction site.
- Bite firmly on the gauze for at least 30 minutes. DO NOT chew on it.
- If the bleeding continues, call our office.
- Do not suck on area where the extraction occurred or drink through a straw during the first 48 hours.
- Don't spit or rinse the extraction area on the day of the extraction.
- The day after your extraction, you may gently rinse with warm salt water.
- You may brush your teeth and your tongue after the extraction. Be careful of the extraction site.